A urethral stricture is a narrowing of the urethra caused by injury or disease such as urinary tract infection or other forms of urethritis.
It is chracterised by obstructive and irritative urinary symptoms.
Obstructive voiding symptoms
- Decreased force of urinary stream
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Urinary terminal dribbling
- Urinary intermittency
- Deflected urinary stream
- Double urinary stream
- Sometimes blood in urine
Irritative urinary symptoms
- Increased frequency of micturition
- Acute or chronic retention of urine
- Hydronephrotic signs due to back pressure
- Urinary retention
- Urethral diverticulum
- Periurethral abscess
- Urethral fistula
- Bilateral hydronephrosis
- Urinary infections
- Urinary calculus
- Hernia, haemorrhoids or Rectal prolapse from straining
- Retrograde urethrography(rgu)
- Visual internal urethrotomy
- Laser internal urethrotomy
- One stage urethroplasty
- Two stage urethroplasty
- Buccal mucosa urthroplasty
Dr.Sabyasachi Panda has over 10 years of experience in field of urology. Currently he is working as Assistant Professor in the department of urology & renal transplantation at SCB Medical College, cuttack.
Get In Touch
Office Address:- Department of urology, SCB Medical College,Cuttack,753007.
Clinic Address:- Anantram Memorial, Cuttack Nursing Home, Mirkamalpatna, Mangalabag, Cuttack,753007.